Istanbul, May 31 (DP.net).─ The International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) gathered in Istanbul 400 human rights defenders from its members organisations and partners around the world from May 23 to May 27, 2013.
Since 2009, FIDH has singled out certain areas of prime concern, for which it has determined action priorities:
- Freedom and capacity to act of human rights defenders,
- Universality of rights, in particular those of women and migrants, whose - inequitable treatment constitutes a major obstacle for the progress of mankind,
- Effectiveness of Human Rights, to put an end to the impunity of authors of violations, who are not called to account, be they individuals, States or business enterprises,
- Respect for Human Rights and the Rule of Law in times of conflict, emergency or political transition.
Several resolutions were adopted on this occasion [the following links open PDF documents], especially regarding the situation in:
- Central African Republic
- Cuba [texto en Español AQUÍ]
- Nicaragua [only in Español]
- Guatemala (in Español or François only)
Add a comment Leer más...